Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Events Won't Move to Another Library, why?

I'm trying to move certain events from a Library I'm having problems with to a new library ON THE SAME DRIVE.

I select the 3 events I want to move, then I COMMAND click and drag them over into the new library, a dialogue window comes up asking if I'd like to move these events, with corresponding Optimized and Proxy media, to the new Library (though it doesn't call the new library by its proper name - it says "final cut Library" when mine is actually titled something else).

I hit OK, the Status wheel grinds around a little bit, then it says "100%. But nothing changes. The Events stay exactly where they were. The new Library receives nothing.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH FINAL CUT PRO X THIS WEEK? PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 12:29 PM

6 replies

Feb 10, 2014 6:26 PM in response to Blake Hodges

I can't even copy events from one Library to another.

I created a new Library on the drive I want to archive to. I select the events in the working Library I want to archive. I selected File>Copy Items To... then select the new drive. It appears that FCPX works for a bit, the status wheel in the center of the app spins around... and then it says "100%" ..... and nothing has happened. No events copied into the new Library.

So I think OK.... maybe I have to be more direct. So I simply select the events I want to back up and drag them to the new library. Same thing. It looks like it's working for a few seconds, and then nothign happens.

I have followed procedure exactly as outlined in the FCPX Manual. I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Events Won't Move to Another Library, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.