Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi problems

Please help,

i have connection problems with my Wi-fi connections with my macbook pro

it has Os-X Mavericks installed on it and all the latest updates.

since mavericks is installed i have wi-fi issue's with it.

all my other apple products have no problems (even my iMac)

the wi-fi makes a connection but is very slow and doesn't work well, also the safari browser doesn't load the pages.

sometimes it works well but most of the time it is not working well, i have to completely reboot the system to hope that works (sometimes it does)

when i test my internet speed on my macbook pro it gives 1,5 Mb/s, when i test it on the imac (same wifi) it gives 95Mb/s

both the systems are connected through a time capsule

please help me to reastablish my internt connections

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 2,8Ghz core i7 4Gb RAM

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 12:40 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2014 3:08 PM in response to apmvdhorst

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them; in that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

• Restart your router and your broadband device, if they're separate. Any change?
  • Run Software Update and install all available updates for OS X or your computer's firmware. Any change?
  • If possible, connect to your router with an Ethernet cable and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?
  • Are any other devices on the network, and if so, are they the same?
  • If you can connect to more than one network, are they all the same?
  • Are all network applications affected, or only some? If only some, which ones?
  • Is networking always the same, or is the problem intermittent?
  • Disconnect all other devices from the network. Any change?
  • Boot in safe mode and test. Any difference?
  • Boot into Recovery mode. From the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. Any difference?
  • If possible, turn off Bluetooth and disconnect any USB 3 devices. Any difference?

wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.