Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message I send to another carrier with a different phone - Samsung 2 is getting messages I haven't sent. Some of them are messages that were sent months ago and are superimposing on my message. I erased all previous messages sent to that receiver. Could

When I send text messages to my friend's Samsung 2 phone, he gets the messages garbled at times and sometimes messages I send have previous messages superimposed in that message. I have erased all previous messages with that person but it still happens when he receives them, not when I send them.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 1:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2014 12:54 PM in response to waymak69

Hi waymak69,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this.

Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

iPhone: SMS messages may display incorrectly on other devices

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3672

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

1. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  2. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and re-create the contact from the Contacts application. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.
  3. Back up and restore your iPhone as new.
  4. If your carrier has recently ported your phone number, the porting process may not be complete. Contact your carrier to confirm that the porting process is complete.
  5. Contact your carrier to confirm that you are provisioned for sending SMS and are in an area with cellular coverage.
  6. Contact your carrier to verify there are no blocks or filters placed on your wireless account preventing you from sending SMS.

Cheers,

- Judy

Message I send to another carrier with a different phone - Samsung 2 is getting messages I haven't sent. Some of them are messages that were sent months ago and are superimposing on my message. I erased all previous messages sent to that receiver. Could

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.