Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Airport Time Capsule, DD-WRT firmware used with Linksys e2000 router to make a wireless Client

Apple Airport Time Capsule, DD-WRT firmware used with Linksys e2000 router to make a wireless Client

1. Do a 30-30-30 reset of Linksys Router

2. Install DD-WRT on Linksys Router

a. www.dd-wrt.com

b. Go to Router database

c. Type in router name: e2000

d. Download e2000 firmware for initial flash: Firmware FTP Site

3. Plug CAT5/LAN Cable into router numbered port (ex. 1, 2,3,4)

4. Open a web Browser

5. Type 192.168.1.1 in URL

6. Log into Linksys Router: (1) Name is a Blank Field/Empty (2) Password is “admin”

7. Go to Linksys Firmware Upgrade

8. Install DD-WRT firmware

9. Wait 5-10 minutes until WLAN (wireless) light turns on

10. Do a 30-30-30 reset of router

11. There is no need to flash any other Firmware Build

12. Open a web browser

13. Type 192.168.1.1 in URL

14. Type in a Router User Name

15. Type in a Password

16. Reconfirm Password

17. Get Airport Time Capsule IP Address (ex. 10.0.1.1)

18. Go to DD-WRT Setup

a. Change connection type to: “Disabled”

b. Network Setup section: Change local IP address to other address beside Airport Time Capsule address (ex. 10.0.1.2)

c. Gateway address: 10.0.1.1

d. Local DNS: 10.0.1.1

e. WAN Port: Check “Assign to WAN Port to Switch”

f. Save

19. Go to Security: Firewall Protection, “Disable”

a. Save

20. Go to Status: Select Site Survey

21. Join your Airport Time Capsule Wireless Network

22. Go to Wireless: Basic Settings

a. Wireless Mode: Client

b. Wireless Network Mode: Mixed

23. Go to Wireless: Wireless Security, Type in Wireless Network Password used in Airport Time Capsule.

24. Enjoy your Wireless Client Bridge, your computer should connect to the Internet.

Airport Time Capsule 3TB-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 1:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2014 5:05 AM in response to ambgma

Hey Bro,

I am using my Time Machine as a NAS with wireless disabled. Hooked up to the super rad Netgear 6300 V2 flashed DD-WRT Kong (needed kick *** smart VPN router). I access it just like a Password protected NAS. If you, or anybody else needs a walk through respond to this post. Or just post your question on DD-WRT group on Facebook. I am too lazy to do it now. If your interested that is how you can get a hold of me.

P.S.

Apple,

Please consider in the next Time Machine FW update to add open VPN and the ability to select specific tunnels that use VPN and ones that don't. Then your product would be absolutely perfect.

<3

Purp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.