Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac & itunes don't recognize ipod touch 2nd gen since update to iTunes 11.1.4

I have tried re- & uninstalling itunes, connecting it to different usb-ports & various troubleshooting guides online. It's not the cable because my ipod still loads the battery when connected to my mac (iMac 21", os x 10.8.5, fully updated). Is it a bug in itunes? i'm at my wits end, why won't it get recognized by itunes and how can i fix it?

Thank you

iPod touch, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Itunes 11.1.4

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 1:50 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2014 6:30 AM in response to Eline_K

I am having the same problem.

This started after upgrading iTunes to the latest 11.1.4 (62).

I have MacOSX 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro 2008 late.

We have five iPodTouch in our family and four of them are connecting fine.

Two of the iPodTouch are 1stGen

One of the 1stGen connects fine.

One of the 1stGen is not recognized by iTunes and does not show up in devices although it worked prior to upgrading iTunes.

I have tried the standard restarting the devices, deep off and restart, restarting iTunes, restarting the Mac, etc.

I see many reports of this problem so there appears to be a bug in the iTunes software that is affecting some iOS devies of various generations (e.g., I've seen this problem reported for 4th and 5th generation devices too).

Apple, please:

1) fix this

2) have a way to easily and quickly UNDO upgrades because especially with iTunes this seems to happen quite frequently.

Mac & itunes don't recognize ipod touch 2nd gen since update to iTunes 11.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.