Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage saying it is full on my iPad, when it is not?

Storage is saying it is full on my iPad, when it is not? I have bought extra iCloud storage and it is still saying the same thing!

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:22 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:35 PM in response to Vanessalambert

JUst a thought, make sure thst your local storage isn't FULL! I had thst same issue with a phone previously & thrn realized I had something like 2k photos on it!!

GO under your Settings-General-About look for "Capacity" and right under that it lists "Available", check to see what the difference is between the two and remember, you still need room for Apos to be able to run effectively, especially if you are running more than one App at a time (and mulyiple browser windows eat up available space too.) Forbexample, I have been downliading a zillion Apps lately, so I expected to run out of room soon. Unsurprisingly, my cell lists:

• Capacity = 12.6 GB

• Available =. 2.5 GB

While I still have room to run Apps,currently, etc., if I had to perform a 'latest greatest softwate Apple iOS update, it is extremely likely that I would have to delete some Apps or Data in order to make more room. (Ex: the update of software from 7x to iOS 8 required something like 4.5GB. When I 1st tried to run the software update, it wouldn't, and said that I was out of space. I still had space, just not enough space to run the update. Back then, when I did the Settings-General-Software Update, to update from iOS 7x to iOS 8, it did tell me that I needed 4.5 GB of space available to run it, and that I was out of space, and needed "X" amount of space. it was when looking at Settings-General-About ans the 'Capacity' versus 'Available' and other data on that page (like Number of Apps, and Number of Pictures), that I realized I didn't have much of any space left on my phone (& that I had 2,000+ photos saved on my cell. If you go into an AT&T store, they will only transfer for you, 300 pictures maximum! (So having 2,000 still on my phone was a bit ridiculous!!, I moved them to my iCloud, deleyed them all locally on my phone and I had plenty of rpom to do what I needed.) Also check under: Settings-General-Usage and check the "Storage" area and "iCloud" amounts. "Storage" is all LOCAL storage capacity on your device, "iCloud" is

of course, storage space in your iCloud Account online. Deleting or Adding to your iCloud storage will NOT help you if you have simply run out of space locally on your device. If you have run out of locsl space "Storage", then you need to go under "Manage Storage" and deleye some Apps, or and I recommend you 1st, go intomyour photos and make

sure that all of them are saved to your iCloud account (or whatever photo storage service you use), and then DELETE THOSE PICS LOCALLY OFF YOUR DEVICE, pictures , videos, songs, and Podcasts take up a lot of space locally., and they are the easiest to backup/move and delete to make room. Then, go under Settings-General-Usage-Manage Storage &

DELETE APPS that you haven't used, or do not need. Unless you have changed their sorting order, by default the Apps are typically listed from largest (space hogs) to smallest in size. Email data storage typically takes up a HUGE amount of room (I do not even run my email thru my phone anymore for tfat exact reason. I just use gmail to save myself space on my device. Apps that are file managers (make sure to move & save your files 1st brfore deleting), and/or video/photo editors are usually the easiest to delete & make a lot of room on your device. Again, typically listed from Top to Bottom by size with Biggest at the Top, smallest at the Bottom.

Hope that helps you narrow down or resolve the issue.

Storage saying it is full on my iPad, when it is not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.