Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant Crashing

I have an iPod touch 4th generation. I have 16.5 GB available out of 28.5 GB and it is about 3 years old. It crashes constantly, I can barely open an app before it crashes again. I have reset it numerous times and tried many things, nothing works. In my diagnostics report there are almost 50 low memories crashes and just as many crashes that are application based. I don't know what to do and the frustration this is causing me, makes me wary of buying another apple product to replace it. Is it just getting old? Is there anything I can do?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 3:34 PM

Periodically double click the home button and close all the apps in the recently used dock. Then power off and then back on the iPod. This frees up memory. The 4G only has 256 MB of memory.

Next

iOS: Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store

Contact the developer/go to their support site if only one app.

Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

Restore to factory settings/new iPod

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2014 3:34 PM in response to Suvilove

Periodically double click the home button and close all the apps in the recently used dock. Then power off and then back on the iPod. This frees up memory. The 4G only has 256 MB of memory.

Next

iOS: Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store

Contact the developer/go to their support site if only one app.

Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

Restore to factory settings/new iPod

Constant Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.