Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Target Disk mode for mac pro 2013?

We just got two new Mac Pro 2013 towers... is it possible to boot them in target disk mode? I started up holding down "t" and got the thunderbolt symbol. I don't have a thunderbolt-to-thunderbolt wire at the moment. I did try using a male-male USB cord... and out of curiousity, an HDMI cord to an adapter to my laptop.

I also read on some forum that starting up holding "t" allows you to choose a second monitor on some systems.

I was trying to partition the machine to see if I can use Bootcamp and/or install older systems (maybe? to the former, no to the latter). In the process of doing so I seem to have messed something up, and I want to restore the drive from an image I made before these disks couldn't be unmounted anymore...

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 4:55 PM

If you have two Mac computers with FireWire or Thunderbolt ports, you can connect them so that one of them appears as an external hard disk on the other. This is called “target disk mode.”

OS X Mavericks: Transfer files between two computers using target disk mode

1 reply

Target Disk mode for mac pro 2013?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.