Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok so I made a 3D Model on my PC and want to input it into iBooks Author 3D Widget. How is it done?

Ok so I made a 3D CAD using Solidworks on my PC, and now I want to put that 3D CAD into an iBook using iBooks Author, so how would I do it. I put my CAD on dropbox, and then downloaded it on my mac, and tried to put it into an iBook but it doesn't get inputted, so how how do I do it?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 5:26 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2014 8:04 PM in response to I'm confused at this point

Check the Help files....

Add a 3D object

1. Choose 3D from the Widgets pop-up menu in the toolbar.
  2. To add a file, do one of the following:
    • Drag a file from the Finder to the widget on the page.
    • In the Widget inspector, click Interaction, click Choose, and choose a COLLADA file with the extension .dae.
  3. To constrain the object’s rotation to horizontal or vertical axes, choose an option from the Object Rotation pop-up menu.
  4. To automatically rotate the object, select “Auto-rotate object when idle.”

You can also drag a 3D file directly to the book page without adding a 3D widget first.

You can’t interact with a 3D object in iBooks Author (it works only in the completed book).

SEE ALSO

Optimize books created in iBooks Author for your iPad or Mac

Was this page helpful?Send feedback.

Copyright © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Ok so I made a 3D Model on my PC and want to input it into iBooks Author 3D Widget. How is it done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.