Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts + Smart Playlist == Painfully Broken, Looking for Help

For a while I've been having success downloading podcasts via iTunes v1.11.4 and syncing them to my iPhone 5. I have configured the iPhone/iTunes sync so it only syncs podcasts that are listed in a smart playlist which has live updating on and only contains podcasts that have a play count of 0. The playlist is sorted so newest podcasts are at the top.

Recently the Podcast app stopped displaying the podcasts in that order and also contains more podcasts (205) than are in the actual iTunes smart playlist (203). Has anyone else encountered this and can provide a way for me to fix things so the Podcast app is in sync with my iTunes smart playlist?

Note that I have Sync Subscriptions on in my iPhone Podcasts settings and I have Sync podcast subscriptions and settings on in my iTunes prefs. Other iPhone Podcasts settings are:

Refresh Podcasts: Manually

Auto-Downloads: off

Episodes to keep: All

Use Cellular Data: off

Version: 2.0.1

BTW, my intention is to download podcasts only via iTunes then sync them to my iPhone.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 4:27 PM

2 replies

Podcasts + Smart Playlist == Painfully Broken, Looking for Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.