Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which apps can I get on the Itouch 4th generation?(Ios 6.13)?

So I'm going to buy an Itouch cause I don't want to pay for data for an Iphone when all I want is the apps..I was going to buy the Itouch 5th generation,but apparently it does not have a rearfacing camera,so there would be no snapchat, so I was planning on buying the Itouch 4th generation. I'm aware it can only go up to Ios 6.13,so which apps can I not access with that?(apps that require Ios 7)

thanks so much!(:

Courtney

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 7:12 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2014 7:24 PM in response to cldunsmore0215

More and more apps are being written to work with IOS 7. Only the iPod 5 can work with IOS 7, it's the only iPod with the required 512 MB of RAM. As for the camera, your looking at an iPod 5 16G model, it's the only one with just the screen side camera. The 32G and 64G models have both front and back cameras. And the cameras are better than the one in the iPod 4. Hope this helps, Good luck.

Feb 5, 2014 3:41 AM in response to cldunsmore0215

If there was an app version compatible with iOS 6.1.5 (last updae for 4G iPod) then you still should be able to download/install thos app version

If you have iOS 4.2.1 or later on the iPod and there was version compatible with that version, then you should be able to get a compatible version by:

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

Which apps can I get on the Itouch 4th generation?(Ios 6.13)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.