Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to attach - error - new Configurator w more bugs

I'd love advice from people who have tested MDM alternatives for a few months.

I've just updated to the newest configurator and it has more bugs than the "old" version. ipads constantly must have their screen touched to say "Trust". If I can't race to touch the screen of the ipad my mac shows this error when I connect the mac via USB to the ipad. This happens even with only one apple genuine USB cable attached. The error is: "unable to attach device to Apple Configuator"

Apple's confiturator is doomed, and it seems they want people to leave.

I do not want to use anything such as Apple's OSX server. I'd prefer some type of cloud tool or app that runs on a desktop mac.

Thanks for the help. Having ATTACHment issues.

ps: if it carries any weight, I authored this HOWTO document to help IT staff setup a cart with Configurator.

http://tinyurl.com/configurator123

Sincerely, J

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 7:22 PM

There are no replies.

unable to attach - error - new Configurator w more bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.