Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot reinstall iTunes; help needed!

Hello all. I've been at this for about 3 hours now, ready to pull my hair out. I tried to update iTunes to the newest update, because my new songs wouldn't sync to my iPhone. I have a bigger problem than that now. When I updated (like most people have tried to do here), it became corrupt/missing a file, so I had to uninstall and reinstall. Problem is, it won't. The "Apple Mobile Device" will not start. I've tried:

-Going to Control Panel> Administrative tools...ect ect in there, no luck, wont start, gives me an error (1053)

-Doing the long individual uninstall of all apple software, deleting anyleftover folders, and then trying to install iTunes as administrator, still no luck.

-putting all the .dll folders onto desktop, then uninstalling/reinstalling, won't work.

-Restoring my computer (both in regular and safe mode), the restore won't finish for some reason... (possible problem?) (Acts like it works, then when It starts back up again, says it couldn't be completed)

I'm all out of ideas here, someone please help!

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 9:33 PM

1 reply

I cannot reinstall iTunes; help needed!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.