Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My time capsule will not connect to the internet.

Please help. Just purchased a brand new 2T airport time capsule for my MacBook Pro and my other apple devices. I have the ethernet cable plugged into the TC and into my Westell modem, in the correct jacks. There is a green light on the connection spot for the WAN port. The network appears in my network list, then I go to set it up and it tells me I have an error and a red 1 next to the network after it updated the software and tried to set itself up.

When I click on the red 1 it comes up with an amber mark next to set up over WAN. I have no clue what to do to fix the problem. I am providing a screenshot to show what I am seeing.

Any and all help is welcome.

I can connect to the internet through my old network on my modem, but not through the Airport TC.

Thanks

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 11:02 PM

Factory reset the TC and start again.

Your name is not valid.. it is over the number of characters allowed.. although the stupid airport utility won't stop you.

Use names for the TC and wireless that are short, 2-20 characters, no spaces and no apostrophe.. pure alphanumeric.

When you say it is plugged in with correct jacks.. does that mean WAN port on the TC to LAN port on the router??

The TC should also be in bridge mode.. so when you redo the setup.. make sure you have off bridged mode for the network.. but you create a wireless network with the new name or same name as the existing wireless network.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2014 11:02 PM in response to Lollie6438

Factory reset the TC and start again.

Your name is not valid.. it is over the number of characters allowed.. although the stupid airport utility won't stop you.

Use names for the TC and wireless that are short, 2-20 characters, no spaces and no apostrophe.. pure alphanumeric.

When you say it is plugged in with correct jacks.. does that mean WAN port on the TC to LAN port on the router??

The TC should also be in bridge mode.. so when you redo the setup.. make sure you have off bridged mode for the network.. but you create a wireless network with the new name or same name as the existing wireless network.

My time capsule will not connect to the internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.