Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S, iOS7, iTunes Sync: Music & Podcasts disappearing

So, I am very frustrated right now. I have been using Android for 2 years when I bought the iPhone 4S, and I was very, very satisfied until now.

It all started with the podcasts app: First of all, I know the app itself is very crappy and not well written and does no good in syncing with iCloud, and I know I should be using Instacast or whatevs, but I decided to stick with the pocast app, because it syncrhonizes everything I want. I am using an iMac at work, a Macbook Air at home and the 4S.

But suddenly, as soon as I synchronize my podcasts with itunes, they cant be played anymore. "This episode is currently unavailable.", it says. So what I tried, was deleting the episodes from my iphone, which magically resulted in unsubscribing from all podcasts on all of my devices. But when I took a look via itunes what was actually ON the phone, all these episodes were still there! It didnt make any sense at all. So I turned off the itunes snyc for podcasts and re-subscribed to all my podcasts on the imac and just use the Wifi on my phone to download them. The Audio Bookmark sometimes works, and sometimes doesnt. Whatever.

I can be "ok" with that, but yesterday, the music app decided to just not work anymore. I purchased music on itunes. On of the records had more music videos on it, then normal tracks and although I had downloading video content disabled on my phone, it still downloaded the music videos, because they are not treated as videos, but as music content.

I quickly observed strange beheaviour from my phone, so when I, for example chose a music video for me to look at, or to listen to by shuffle, the music app breaks as soon as I switch orientation to landscape, or if I turn off the display. So I removed that specific record, because I thought it was because of the videos. But when I tried to go to any other record I recently purchased, it didnt play any music, instead it just switched through all of the titles of the record. When it was done, a screen with "you dont have any music, buy from the store" - or something like that - appeared. I tried to go to another record, when suddenly all of my recent purchases were not displayed anymore in the music app.

So I tried to synchronize it via itunes from the imac, but even though I have specifically selected several records, it doesnt change a thing! I have albums on my phone that I dont have chosen to be synchronized with.

And when I look at the contents of my phone via itunes, it shows me, that all of these albums that appeared to be gone, were still there?

This is starting to be a big problem. Has Anyone else had similar problems and has maybe even a solution for this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, itunes, music, podcast

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 3:17 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4S, iOS7, iTunes Sync: Music & Podcasts disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.