Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scheduled Reminders

I upgraded my iOS last week, and have now lost the items in the Scheduled Reminders section. I rely on this every day, so I need to figure out how to regain access. I tried resetting the settings, to no avail.

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 5:18 AM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2014 3:52 PM in response to Clare3008

I have the same problem that started some time after I upgraded to ios7 on my iPad third generation. The reminders lists work, but when I touch the "scheduled" button, the app crashes and the ipad goes back to the home screen. I do not have this problem, however, on my iPhone 5. I have tried everything from settings reset to reloading ios7 and nothing fixes it. Very frustrating.

Mar 14, 2014 3:20 PM in response to ecurb52

I think I solved this, but it wasn't pretty. I ended up closing iCloud for reminders on my iPad and deleting all of the reminder data. I then entered some test reminders just to see if the application would work. It did, until I hit the"show competed". Once I did that, nothing seemed to work right in reminders. So, I went in and looked at the completed section. What seemed to be causing the problem was some "phantom" transactions. Actually, they weren't completed reminders but, Rather, several dates with no reminders attached to them. Another words, it look like I had some corrupt data that wasn't on my iPhone, mac, or the icloud web. The only way to correct this was to use the "erase all data and reset" the iPad option which effectively sets the iPad back to the factory settings. So that I wouldn't re-corrupt the reminders, I set the iPad up as a new iPad and didn't restore any of the data, but reloaded the data from iCloud as I reloaded the apps. I have no idea what caused the corrupt data in the "completed" section of reminders on the iPad only, but the problem seems to be resolved at this point.

Mar 30, 2014 6:17 AM in response to Clare3008

Happened again, and had to reset the iPad again. I believe my secondary email account from Yahoo is causing the problem. After I turned off iCloud for reminders on the iPad I had some very old reminders remaining in "completed" reminders. I then noticed that Yahoo mail and calendar were both checked in email accounts on my iPad, and "todos" are integrated in calendar on Yahoo. Somehow this old unwanted data was making its way into my completed reminders on my iPad. In addition to resetting the iPad (a pain), I made sure the calendar check mark was removed from Yahoo in settings and went to Yahoo on the web and deleted all of the calendar and todo data that I could find. Seems that iOS reminders is very sensitive to any 3rd party data.

Scheduled Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.