Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad passcode

Help! My friends 2 year old was playing with my teenage daughters ipad. It has a passcode so I did not think she could cause a problem. Then a message popped up saying ipad disabled try in 5 minutes. My daughter does not back up her ipad to a computer or icloud (oops). And I'm not sure if her ipad has been wiped out.

I'm not sure what was input or how many times.

My teen is understandably freaking. I told her not to touch anything or try to log in again until I tried to find an answer. When I purchased it for her the Apple sales person discussed the password, and I think he said if entered incorrectly, after a certian number of times, the ipad totally wipes all info.

I checked out solutions, but everything I found says to plug it into the computer it backs up to (which there is none) or reset apple ID (which is not used for her ipad pass code, but I suppose she could do from our family Mac) or reset (holding the power button and the center button)

I'm tempted to do the reset, and then have her enter her correct password, since its been well past the 5 minute time limit, but I don't know if its already too late and further attempts will be pulling the plug.

Help!

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 6:42 AM

8 replies

Feb 5, 2014 6:49 AM in response to JudeChugHill

If it said to wait 5 minutes, then that is all that needed to be done. Once the 5 minutes are up, entering the correct passcode should reenable the iPad as it was befoire.

You can set the iPad to delete everything after 11 failed attempts at entering the pass code, but then it would have said wait several hours before you got the last chance to enter a passcode.

In any case, if you can enter the passcode now correctly it should be enabled again without any data loss.

ipad passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.