Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you help me restore my phone ?

My phone was restored and has nothing on it except some contacts that magically appeared. I want to restore my phone from a backup but it appears that iTunes decided to automatically back up my empty phone and delete the other backup. Someone please help me!!! I've searched on Google, on apple.com , looked through my computer and went through my phone and no luck. I need that backup to restore my phone . If anyone has a clue or advice, please help me by replying to this. Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 8:52 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2014 9:05 AM in response to junior7449

Did you back up to iCloud as well?. If so, restore that backup:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings > reactivate phone > follow prompts to restore iCloud backups

Backups overwrite prior the backup. The only ones that are saved are those done during a major update or restore (as part of the process when prompted) If your iTunes backup was overwitted, it's gone unless you baked up your computer before this happened.

iTunes: About iOS backups

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Can you help me restore my phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.