Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Elaborate iCloud phishing?

Over the past 2-3 months, I've been receiving emails sent from legitimate sites (Pinterest, eBay, Viggle, etc.). All of them are addressed to my icloud.com address, about accounts which "I" have opened with them (mostly "welcome to" emails, some are subsequent "this week in..." emails), using the name "Faith Brisson". After the first couple, I started changing the passwords, so that whoever this is can't pose as "me".

In addition to the welcome emails, I've gotten a couple other emails -- one a chatty email to "me" and another person with a "here's that site I told you about" link (which I marked as trash), and the other a blank email from a "Steve Brisson" using a yahoo.com address.

Last night, I got emails from Apple to the backup addresses I had listed on file, saying someone was trying to verify my email. Since this involved both the @icloud and the @me address, my suspicions rose further.

At first I thought this was a person unclear about her own email address, but I suspect now I'm dealing with an elaborate multi-layered phish.

Is anyone else experiencing similar things?

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 10:25 AM

1 reply

Elaborate iCloud phishing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.