Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated my 5th gen ipod touch to the newest operating system release. Since then, I can no longer play back voice recordings I have stored or since recorded in my Voice Memo app. How can I access my stored recordings?

A few days ago, I updated the OS. Since then, I have been unable to access saved recordings on my Voice Memo app. Additionally, recordings I have made since then have been made unavailable to me as well. All of the recordings are listed, but will not play when I select the play option, nor will the app allow me to edit them if I wanted to change their names, or something. There is nothing noticably wrong with the touch screen itself, meaning, there are no dead spots that do not respond to touch. I cannot figure out why the memos will not play.

Is this a glitch with the new update? If so, how do I revert back to the OS setting I had prior? Preferrably, I would like to find a fix for this situation in the condition my device is now without having to adjust the OS settings.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 10:03 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2014 10:15 AM in response to Ciumaicus

Can you record and play new VMs?

Can you sync them to your computer?

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from a back that was made then the VM played back. See:

iOS: How to back up

I recently updated my 5th gen ipod touch to the newest operating system release. Since then, I can no longer play back voice recordings I have stored or since recorded in my Voice Memo app. How can I access my stored recordings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.