Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to use Microsoft Office when i switch users on my Macbook Air? I can find the applications, Excel Word etc, but when I try to open them it keeps taking me to a software update for Microsoft Office. Any tips on what to do???

I use 2 accounts, one for work and one for personal.

I have Microsoft Office, in my applications, and I can find it in my work user account, but when I try to open it, it keeps doing start up for Auto updates. and wont open the application. It works fine in my personal (Admin) account which is where I did migration when I bought the laptop. And I've looked on here for similar problems, and everyone says if it's in your applications it should work, but I can't open mine.

Anyone know what I can do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 11:24 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2014 1:25 PM in response to cocogib

Go to the main Library folder and look for a folder called Application Support / Microsoft.

There are a few folders in there, and you may have to do some digging. In one of them (mine is called MAU2.0), there should be a file called Microsoft Autoupdate. Open it.

User uploaded file

It looks like this:

User uploaded file

check the button for manual updates.

That should let you open the apps without triggering an automatic update.

Am I able to use Microsoft Office when i switch users on my Macbook Air? I can find the applications, Excel Word etc, but when I try to open them it keeps taking me to a software update for Microsoft Office. Any tips on what to do???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.