Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

obtain crash report

Hello. In the systems preceeding mavericks, after a system crash a crash report was created and displayed, readable and with the option to send it to apple. In mavericks, this seems to be no longer the case, at least not on my machine. Or have I inadvertently deactivated this feature, or need to activate it? That would be my first question.

I looked into the console, not finding much resemblance to what used to be crash reports.

I'm certainly missing something here. But what?

Thanks for any advice.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 Memory, ATI Radeon HD 4870

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Take a look at System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage. You may have to turn it on.

6 replies

Feb 12, 2014 1:38 PM in response to arthur

Indeed, in my case, too, they aren't neccessarily to be found in either location, not even as hidden or invisible file. Some show up in older system clones (entitled com.apple.DiagnosticReporting.Networks.plist), but none after the latest crash. So, are there crashes so severe they don't even generate a diagnostic report? Or what else might be the case here?

obtain crash report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.