Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased music and m4p files not playing in itunes

Background: so I had @me.com account with all my music purchased but it got disabled. so I tried to reset it but of course my birthdate did not work. I dont have contacting apple but they could not verify me with only 1 security question, no credit card, and incorrect serial number. so the @me account cant be accessed. Later that year my computer got struck by lighting destroying the hard drive/computer. the good new is I had a backup of the music. I put the music file on the new computer and when I tried to play the .m4p protected files itunes wants my @me.com account I cant access. I have my music on my computer and on my ipod classic but can only play the music on my ipod classic. I have many more tracks I want to add to my ipod but dont want to lose the music I already bought. I already tried many times with program to convert the music but it seems that need the music to play in itunes to work (authorize computer).

Question: Is trying to get my music to play the .m4p files a lost cause? Or can I stream the music from my ipod classic to computer then convert it? Or can I copy an authoriztion file from ipod classic? Any assistance with is would be very helpful.

PS: fairplay is not fair at all.

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 12:30 PM

There are no replies.

purchased music and m4p files not playing in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.