Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I keep my corporate security department from wiping my devices with a service like good technology?

I want to run corporate stuff on my ios devices. Right now they use Good Technology. They may be adding microsoft OWA and Lync apps. They tell me they could wipe my device with Good (not that they would do that without my approval). I am not sure what their capabilities could be with Microsoft stuff. Can I keep them from doing this? Or is that controlled by the app and if I want their version of the app I have to say ok to the wipe? I don't think they want to go around wiping ios devices. I am more worried about random screw ups (Oops, we didn't mean to do that!) on their part. Where can I go to understand the security model for ios better?

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 12:57 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2014 1:07 PM in response to Community User

If your company requires that you register your iPad with their MDM system or they use Microsoft Exhange for their email and calendaring system, then they can enforce the ability to wipe your device and there's no way you can prevent it other than to not participate and forgo whatever benefits using their systems might bring.

To learn more about security in iOS, see:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/business/it/security.html

Regards

How can I keep my corporate security department from wiping my devices with a service like good technology?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.