You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

By default, on a mac keyboard F3 lets you see all the open apps and the such. However, I changed it so that I use those keys for keyboard shortcuts; But i'd like the normal F3 key to still work without me having to press FN.

By default, on a mac keyboard F3 lets you see all the open apps and the such. However, I changed it so that I use those keys for keyboard shortcuts; But i'd like the normal F3 key to still work without me having to press FN.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 2:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 12:12 AM

rajlego,

in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, select the Shortcuts tab, and then select Mission Control on the left-hand side. On the right-hand side, make sure that the Mission Control checkbox is checked, double-click on its current key combination (by default “^↑”) so that the key combination is highlighted, and then press the F3 button — that will set its shortcut to be F3. You can now press F3 to bring up Mission Control without needing to also press the Fn button.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 6, 2014 12:12 AM in response to rajlego

rajlego,

in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, select the Shortcuts tab, and then select Mission Control on the left-hand side. On the right-hand side, make sure that the Mission Control checkbox is checked, double-click on its current key combination (by default “^↑”) so that the key combination is highlighted, and then press the F3 button — that will set its shortcut to be F3. You can now press F3 to bring up Mission Control without needing to also press the Fn button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.