Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to iTunes 11.1.4, I can't find audiobooks that were there earlier

The window I now see for iTunes looks nothing like the one I am used to and I don't seem to have any choices or anyway to get to another window. There is no list of contents on the left column. When I attach my iphone or iPad, it does not show up as a connected device anymore. I have set the preferences in iTunes so the "Books" choice comes up, but it does not show my audiobooks. I did have about 15 audio books in iTunes. I want to sync a few of these to my iPhone.

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iPhone 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 3:28 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2014 11:53 AM in response to WYSIWYGMO

Since no one has replied, maybe you need more information:

These audio books were ripped from Audiobook CD's using AudioBook Builder that has worked perfectly for me for years. Most of them have been used in itunes and played on my iPod Nano already, so I know they are the right format M4B AAC.

The ones that should be there (because they were before the iTunes 11.1.4 upgrade) do not show up and when I try to add new ones they won't upload (no explaination). I got one file to load, but it was only 1.5 minutes of the whole 12 hour book. None of the other audio books will work.

Since updating to iTunes 11.1.4, I can't find audiobooks that were there earlier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.