Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of Mail

I don't use mail - ever; I check my e-mail online. but the mail app gives me problems. Often, when I click a link, it will turn out to be an e-mail link, and it will automatically open up mail, taking a long time to load and showing me hundreds of unread messages that I have actually read and don't exist. Then I will shut it down and it will want me to log it and stall as I shut it down and I end up having to force quit in the applications manager.

It isn't a huge deal, but it's annoying, and I'd really just like to get rid of mail. When I try to delete it, it won't let me, it says “Mail” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS X.

How can I get rid of it?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 3:43 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2014 4:04 PM in response to Cawilliams4

Mail

Don't use it, but leave it alone however annoying it may be.

Quoting from below linked article from Apple.

. Safari and Mail shouldn't be deleted

"After changing your default application, you should not delete Safari or Mail, even if you do not plan to use them. You will need them if you wish to change your default settings in the future".

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1637?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

How to get rid of Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.