Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing iPhoto events and photos

I noticed today that I am missing all iPhoto events previous to 2011. Don't know when the change occurred. How do I locate the lost events and photos on Time Machine and how to restore it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 5:45 PM

8 replies

Feb 8, 2014 12:56 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thank-you Terrance for your reply. I haven't restored my iphoto library yet. I have tried rebuilding the database several times and tried rebuilding thumbnails. I have not regained my lost events. Most photos are found in my Albums but not events. Some photos seem to be totally gone.

Is my only option to restore iphoto from the Time Machine? At 217 GB, it is an extensive library. I have a second backup on an external drive. I need to delete my iphoto library before restoring. [500GB hard drive]

Art

Feb 8, 2014 9:42 PM in response to Yer_Man

Is it possible to restore iphoto onto an external drive? This way, I can check to see if the restored version has all the missing events. Then I can move it onto the computer. I only have 100GB of storage left on my iMac. To restore the library on my computer, I need to create space. If I copied the library onto an external drive, then I can delete it from my main computer. Does this sound right?

missing iPhoto events and photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.