Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AP download for Lion OS 7 "unavailable in US markets?"

I just purchased Lion OS 7 as a download from an Apple technician. I received the download code. I have the OS 7 in the download section of the APs program. However, when I press download, it starts to download and then stops after about 10 seconds. I tried doing this about ten times. Finally, I clicked on the icon and it says OS 7 is "unavailable in US markets." What the heck does that mean? I am assuming I can still download OS 7 from the AP store. Is it possible that Apple does not have OS 7 in its download area at this time?

Thanks,

Chris

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 11:35 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2014 6:03 AM in response to edustic

Lion (10.7.5) is not available for download via the App Store as a new purchase. The same for Mountain Lion (10.8.5).

You purchased Lion from an Apple technician? Or did you purchase it from an Apple "representative" over the phone?

If you have a "redemption code" then you need to open the App Store application and log in with your Apple ID. On the right side of the page you'll see the word Redeem (under Quick Links). Click that link and follow the steps to complete your purchase.

Feb 6, 2014 8:10 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

QuickTimeKirk:

I purchased Lion from an Apple technician. I entered my redemtion code into the App Store application and logged in with my Apple ID. The Lion icon is ready for download in my purchased area. Every time I hit, "download," the spinning icon moves for about 5-10 seconds like it's going to start downloading, the download button turns white like it's going to download, and then the spinning stops and the download turns dark again. It does not appear to be downloading even though I successfully entered my redemption code, etc. Any idea what's going on?

Chris

AP download for Lion OS 7 "unavailable in US markets?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.