Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook - Spinning wheel appears after clicking anything at the home screen straight away in normal start up. Safe mode works fine.

Hi guys, my Macbook was working fine, running a little slower than usual but all of a sudden in the last couple of days after starting up and reaching the home screen the 'spinning wheel of death' appears after I try to open anything, an app, clicking on the apple, the search bar, everything. I can move the cursor around, but it never comes off of the spinning wheel, even after leaving it for quite some time.

It does open up and works fine in Safe mode, which is how I able still able to send this message, I have tried as many solutions as i could fine, ok that's not entirely true, but all of the ones I have tried so far haven't solved anything or improved anything.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! 🙂

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 12:30 AM

1 reply

Macbook - Spinning wheel appears after clicking anything at the home screen straight away in normal start up. Safe mode works fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.