Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO SHARE HOME VIDEOS ON WHATSAPP?

i have certain files (both images and videos) on my computer which i wish to share with my friends through whatsapp. I have copied the files through itunes on my device but the i am not able to transfer or share the same through whatsapp with my friends as there is no option for the same.

Can anyone please explain the procedure for setting up.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 12:40 AM

19 replies

Feb 6, 2014 3:45 AM in response to Mr.Chopra

Thank you for the reply, but the problem here is that whatsapp has access to only files which are in the camera roll folder, whereas files copied to the device is stored in the itunes library, (administrators library) whatsapp has no access to tbhat library. Either please let me know how to move the files from the main library in the camera roll folder or how to grant access to whatsapp for the main library.

Thank you

Jul 15, 2014 5:39 AM in response to Mr.Chopra

Hey,

I figured out a way, but it's counterintuitive!

On the device that has the video, email it to yourself. Open it through your iphone email,download the file, click on it. When it opens, click on the little square with the arrow down on the left ( left of the play button) and select "Open in Whatsapp". It'll ask you to select the sender, and voilà 🙂

I just tried it, so let me know if it works with you.

R.

Dec 19, 2014 10:36 AM in response to DSUREKA

A little tricky but doable without uploading to any cloud, drive etc.

In iPhoto, create an event and change the title to - say, "Transfer-iPhone". Import all content, photos, videos in iPhoto, and drag into Transfer-iPhone Event.

Go to itunes, connect your device, in RHS under Settings, go to Photos section,

1. Check "Sync Photos"

2. Select "Selected albums, events..."

3. IMP Check "Include Videos"

In events section, select Transfer-iPhone. Sync.

P.S.:

1. It might take a little while before a newly created event appears in iTunes, weird, but happened with me. I quit both iPhoto and iTunes and launched them again.

2. If you don't have iPhoto installed, or don't want to use iPhoto, you can use the drop down after "Sync Photos" and choose the folder from there. I haven't tried that option yet.

Dec 19, 2014 11:24 AM in response to DSUREKA

Ignore the previous post. Here is the updated solution.

-------

A little tricky but doable without uploading videos to any cloud, drive etc.

In iPhoto, create an event and change the title to - say, "Transfer-iPhone". Import all content, photos, videos in iPhoto, and drag into Transfer-iPhone Event.

Go to itunes, connect your device, in RHS under Settings, go to Photos section,

1. Check "Sync Photos"

2. Select "Selected albums, events..."

3. IMP Check "Include Videos"

In events section, select Transfer-iPhone. Sync.

Now videos will be available in the videos section when you're sharing via whatsapp. And Photos, well they are not directly available, you can always select them ("they will be available in your albums - under "Events"), and tap on "Add to", create a new album, or add to an existing album. This album will be available while sharing on whatsapp.

P.S.:

1. It might take a little while before a newly created event appears in iTunes, weird, but happened with me. I quit both iPhoto and iTunes and launched them again.

2. If you don't have iPhoto installed, or don't want to use iPhoto, you can use the drop down after "Sync Photos" and choose the folder under "pictures" from there. You'll have to copy your content in a folder created in the "Pictures" Folder. But again, the photos will not be directly available. Workaround is same, select and add to a new or existing album.

3. I've been using latest version of iTunes on Mavericks, and iOS 8. Hopefully things will work in similar manner on iOS 7 too.

Feb 23, 2015 11:33 PM in response to DSUREKA

Dear,

Download app WI FI HD from app store. and u can transfer all ur pc/mac content on ur iPhone through itunes..

when u done ur photo/video shows in this app. and there is an option for saving ur photo/video.

after saving ur content u can now see ur photo/video in ur iphone's photo gallery.

and u can share ur photo/video wherever u want.

(How to transfer content in iphone u can see the pictures in thi app WI FI HD)

Mar 7, 2015 1:32 AM in response to RawanS

connect device to PC.

In iTunes choose device and go to photos tap

in the sync photo drop down menu choose a folder

copy photos and videos you want (in your pc)to sync to your device and paste it in the folder you choose in the drop down menu

finally check "include videos"

and sync

worked for me when tried with MP4

in the device , video will appear in the photos app's "video" library.

Now you can share the video(s) in whatsapp like a regular video you shot with your iphone

HOW TO SHARE HOME VIDEOS ON WHATSAPP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.