Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast rejected! don't know why! how do i fix.

myslef and some friends have satrted a podcast that is picking up a lot of attention on facebook and soundcloud. We are despreate to get this on itunes obviously but it has been rejected .

http://feeds.feedburner.com/MenOfSpielPodcastPodcasts

How do i find out why this was rejected so i can fix it asap?

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 12:28 AM

Your itunes:summary tag contains a warning that you have strong language, but your 'itunes:explicit' tag is set to 'no'. You need to set it to 'yes' for the overall podcast and for any episode containing strong or sexual language.

Minor points: you don't have an 'itunes:subtitle' tag for your episode, so iTunes shows the 'description' tag which contains a link to an image - iTunes displays the code, which looks messy.

You don't have an itunes:duration tag containing the duration of the episode in the format h:mm:ss. Neither of these is fatal, it's just untidy without them.

When you resubmit it you may be told it has already been submitted - this is a bug in the submissions process - and to get round that you would need to change the title slightly.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2014 12:28 AM in response to superftse

Your itunes:summary tag contains a warning that you have strong language, but your 'itunes:explicit' tag is set to 'no'. You need to set it to 'yes' for the overall podcast and for any episode containing strong or sexual language.

Minor points: you don't have an 'itunes:subtitle' tag for your episode, so iTunes shows the 'description' tag which contains a link to an image - iTunes displays the code, which looks messy.

You don't have an itunes:duration tag containing the duration of the episode in the format h:mm:ss. Neither of these is fatal, it's just untidy without them.

When you resubmit it you may be told it has already been submitted - this is a bug in the submissions process - and to get round that you would need to change the title slightly.

Podcast rejected! don't know why! how do i fix.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.