Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Justcloud from my applications?

Hi,

I made a big mistake by downloading the free trial on Justcloud, it has now expired and I can't remove it from my applications. When I try and move it to the trash it says that the application is still open.

I'm worried that I have a virus now on my new MacBook and I'm devastated! I'm also really worried that it has access to my files.

I'm a new MacBook user and I feel like I'm not going to be able to get rid of this annoying programme! I've tried blocking pop-ups and blocking it in my firewall and nothing seems to work....HELP!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

MacBook, justcloud

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 3:49 AM

Although there are multiple ways to completely delete apps from the mac, I use a simple app called AppCleaner. It is available for free from the App Store.

17 replies

Feb 6, 2014 7:19 AM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

This is not a virus, you're just not removing it properly. You have to quit the app before you can empty the trash. For removal instructions, see:

http://www.justcloud.com/uninstall-help

Note that you should NEVER use apps like AppCleaner to uninstall programs. They are highly unreliable, often not removing enough and sometimes removing too much. With very few exceptions, the only way that you should ever uninstall a program is by using the uninstaller or instructions provided by the developer. For any App Store apps, or most apps from other sources that don't require an installer, you can just quit the app and throw it in the trash.

Feb 6, 2014 8:40 AM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

Don't worry, you don't have a virus. There's a minor JustCloud program running in the background of your MacBook, and you can't delete a program that's in use . . . normally. A quick solution is to go to www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8214/trash-it! and download "Trash It!" software. (If you don't want to type in the entire line, just "google" search "Trash It! 5.2" and click on the MacUpdate site.) Once installed, the software will easily empty your trash. I keep it on my desktop because every once in awhile I try to dispose of something I've downloaded from the Internet and find that the program I want to ditch has a segment invisibly running in the background. A quick use of Trash It! and it's gone!

May 13, 2014 8:18 PM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

I have basically the same problem. I put the free JustCloud download onto my MacBook and want to remove it (it seems to be preventing me from doing software updates). I know instructions say to just Quit the program and then drag it to the trash, but my problem is it just won't quit. When I select JustCloud and then select Quit JustCloud, nothing happens. No matter how to try to quit it, it won't close. So I can't drag it to the trash.

Help! Thank you.

May 14, 2014 8:24 AM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

I had the same issue and I wrote to support at JustCloud and this is what they told me to do and it worked:

I would suggest that in order to remove an item from the Dock, drag its icon an inch or more off the Dock and wait a couple seconds, then release; the icon will disappear in a poof of smoke. (Of course this does not work if it's still running in the background)

The above process will work if the Just Cloud app is not working in the background, but if it is then you need to follow the below steps:

Switch to another app, such as the Finder >then choose 'Force Quit' from the Apple menu > Select the unresponsive app in the Force Quit window > click 'Force Quit'. (this is what I did and it WORKED - then I dumped it in the trash and it's gone)

Alternatively, you can even try shutting the app down from the terminal.

Go to the spotlight > look for 'Terminal' > open the 'Terminal' window > and type the command: killall Just Cloud(make sure you are typing the application name as it appears in the Activity Monitor)

For more details on how to force quit mac applications, kindly refer to the below given link:

http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/02/force-quit-mac-apps/

http://www.wikihow.com/Force-Quit-an-Application-in-Mac-OS-X

Feb 15, 2015 1:18 AM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

Hi

I have been having the same issue, brand new to iMac and got Just Cloud confused with I cloud.

Tried like everyone was saying, drag it to the trash etc etc no joy.

I didn't really want to download a third party app, had all this hastle getting rid of MacKeeper ( Aghhhh)

What i did.

Have Just Cloud app running on your task bar and right click on the app and select show in finder, finder will open and you will see the Just Cloud icon.

Then close/quit the app from the task bar.

Then drag the icon in finder window to the trash and empty trash.

I rebooted just to make sure its gone, Magic!!!

Hope this helps.

May 28, 2015 7:29 AM in response to sweetlov

sweetlov wrote:

it will not let me download because it is an unidentified developer. please help.

If you are referring to Rob871's suggestion to use Trash It!, don't bother. You do not need that to uninstall this app. Also don't use AppCleaner, as someone else suggested. Never use apps like these to uninstall another app, they probably won't do it right unless the app doesn't actually need an uninstaller.

See:

http://www.justcloud.com/uninstall-help

If that doesn't work, contact the JustCloud folks for help.

May 29, 2015 7:17 AM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

hey all i have finally found a solution... are y'all still reading? ok, here it goes...if u can not put something in the trash because it says the software is still running ...click finder then click downloads then look under the devices title the then two finger click (on regular pc aka right click) and select the option "eject.." and this method shall banish it to the trash. but also make sure a piece of that item is not still in downloads if so drag it to the trash also. Lastly EMPTY THAT GARBAGE! 😊

Nov 19, 2015 7:33 PM in response to xxxxTracyxxxx

I have a slighty different problem. JustCloud tried to get me to sign up when I downloaded some other software (ghat didn't work at all, but that is a different issue) but it installed a popup into why start routine. I can close it out but would love to just be rid of it. I see it in the list of APPS, but it will not drag from there to the trash. Any suggestions?

Sorry Apple lovers, but as one who works with both, this is one point for Windows.

Nov 20, 2015 10:25 AM in response to lllaass

After spending a good bit of time just finding the activity monitor (Finder must be worst named OS tool ever), I ran it, found no evidence of JustCloud being an active process. When I opened Force Quit, it found Safari and the Activity Monitor. For what it is worth, JustCloud IS listed on the Application list. I tried to drag and drop into trash, but it does not do a thing to move the app to the trash.

Again, I do not believe I have the JustCloud APP on my computer. I have a splash screen advertisement for it whenever the machine is started. I can close that every time but much prefer to just be rid of it. It would seem there must be a way to control what runs on startup, even if its an applet for advertising.

Is there a folder somewhere where JustCloud may exist such that I can delete the folder or the files related to JustCloud?

Is there a way to edit the startup processes as in msconfig?

Does Apple have an app that removes malware like this?

Anything?

How do I remove Justcloud from my applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.