Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini Smart Case: Headphone Jack Limitation

Hello all, so I bought an iPad mini recently, and I thought that a nice device deserves a nice case, so I purchased the iPad mini Smart Case. Overall, I am loving the case, however there is a slight annoyance, this issue being that the case's headphone jack cutout is designed with a very tiny opening, barely allowing space. No matter how hard I try, I cannot fit my Bose AE2i cable into the jack. I suppose this case is designed to be proprietary to Apple's notably slim audio device jacks. However, this is quite an annoyance as not everyone wants to use Apple headphones/ earphones.

Could anyone recommend a decent solution? I have been looking at some over the past few days, and this is EXACTLY what I need:

http://www.radtech.us/products/procable-shortz-audio-extender-modular

Only issue is, the price is $8 and the shipping costs $10. I don't think it's reasonable for me to pay $18, ON TOP of the price I paid for this case, which was already quite expensive.

If anyone could suggest the best way to expand the hole that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 4:21 AM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2014 6:41 PM in response to robdrage

Hey man, thanks for the prompt reply. I forgot to mention in my initial post that I was looking for an extender that worked with the in-line microphone and remote controls. Using basic extenders would lose this functionality.

I was thinking of cutting or drilling it but that seems a bit risky. 😟

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

iPad mini Smart Case: Headphone Jack Limitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.