Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Email "From," and "Subject" lines do not match body of email

After on and off problems with the imap server in iCloud the past couple weeks that prevented me from getting my .mac mail anywhere other than on the iCloud website, my inbox has morphed into a jumble of miss-matched Email Subject, From/Sent by, and Email Body. In other words I will double click on an email that appears to be from my niece, but when it opens it is actually an email from Amazon - or someone else! I am done with MAIL, but need HELP restoring my inboxes. I have "Rebuilt" all inboxes but it didn’t repair the problem. I have since switched to Outlook client for Mac and the problem does NOT occur with Outlook.

Ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MBP OS=current

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 3:29 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2014 4:24 AM in response to CAPTJON

I was able to repair this by deleting a specific file - more to come. I did not have to do a complete restore.

I will check for my notes and let you know how I fixed the problem.

I think there is a good chance that Outlook mail for Mac may have been part of the problem. It requred a rebuild (pulling data from Mail?)

Apple Email "From," and "Subject" lines do not match body of email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.