Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5s too hot, low battery life and glass detaching from base

I have a 5s that a friend brought me from US to Brazil, but the glass is detaching from the base, he gets VERY hot is seconds and the battery life is over in 2-5hours on stand by. My model (A1533) has no technical assistance here. What should I do?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 4:53 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2014 9:48 AM in response to LuaNucci

I had a similar issue with my iPhone 5 a couple weeks ago. I took it to the local Apple Store where I purchased it (and the AppleCare+ for it) and they confirmed that my battery was bad and expanding. They replaced it on the spot for me. I suggest that you go back to an Apple Store in the US and get it replaced under warranty. Perhaps you can ship the phone to a friend in the US who can then take it to an Apple Store for you and ship the replacement back to you?

This is a good example of why buying from the US to save a few dollars might be more expensive in the long run.

5s too hot, low battery life and glass detaching from base

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.