Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone has been stolen.

Hello!

Yesterday my Iphone 4s has been stolen. I already went to the police.

I know my IMEI No. and want to know, if I can do anything else e.g. contacting Apple to block the IMEI.

I can´t find a number where I can contact Apple without paying.

Perhaps somebody can help me!?

Thanks!

Regards

Merle

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 3:59 AM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2014 4:06 AM in response to MerleHö

Don't waste your time contacting Apple, as Apple can't/won't help you.

The only way to locate/disable/erase any lost/stolen iPhone/iPod Touch is through Find My Phone or a similar app. However, this requires that Find My Phone be setup/activated, on your phone, before it was lost/stolen. You would then login at iCloud.com & try to locate it. This requires the phone be turned on & have an Internet connection. There is no other way to locate a lost/stolen iPhone. Apple can't/won't help you, nor will your carrier. Report the loss to the Police, your carrier & Insurance company. Change all of your passwords, especially your Apple ID/iCloud password NOW!

If your carrier offers Blacklisting & they Blacklist the phone, it will be unusable as a phone.

If locked with a passcode, and running iOS 7.0, then phone cannot be re-activated or the passcode removed without knowing your Apple iD/Password. It will be nothing but a useless paperweight.

If not running iOS 7.0, the phone can be forced into recovery mode & restored.

Feb 6, 2014 4:49 AM in response to MerleHö

No, there are no other apps to find your iPhone. Look, it is gone. Change all your passwords, and click the "erase phone" button on iCloud.com. Report it to your carrier, the police and your insurance company. Get reimbursed and buy a new one.

If you did not have a password lock on it has probably already been restored to factory and sold on the black market.

Feb 6, 2014 8:42 AM in response to MerleHö

wjosten is correct: the odds of you getting the phone back are slim to none. Inform your carrier so they can lock it out of their network (if they do that kind of thing) and change all your internet passwords. Simply signing out of your accounts in your browser is not the same thing. You especially need to change your iCloud password immediately.

My Iphone has been stolen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.