Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY I SHOULD UPDATE AND RETORE

why should i update when i want to restore??? im asking if i can restore without update

Mac mini, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 5:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2014 5:39 AM in response to Aielzein

I am pretty sure that when you restore using iTunes, the latest iOS version for you device will be installed after the device is erased. If you erase all content and settings on the iPad itself in orde to start all over again, the iOS that was on the decide when you erased it, remains on the device since you are not restoring the iOS and merely erasing the content.

WHY I SHOULD UPDATE AND RETORE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.