Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device diabled, but i do remember the passcode now. Ipod touch

Hello,

a couple days ago I wanted to use an I-pod touch I hadn`t used in a while, and entered the wrong passcode several times. It now says ``Ipod disabled, please connect to Itunes``.

It has allowed to me to try again randomly a few times in 48 hours, but now that I do remember the code, it will not give me another chance.

Is there a way to get another attempt? It has alot of old music on it that I don`t have anymore. Thank you in advance.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 7:40 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2014 7:50 AM in response to qchip

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased. That is how it works.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

Feb 6, 2014 8:19 AM in response to qchip

At first it will allow you to try again after a set number of incorrect attempts after a certain amount of time. If you then try again it will be permanently disabled ( you have to restore via iTunes). I think it is ten times..

If a time period is not specified y have to restore via iTunes like I said in my first reply

Device diabled, but i do remember the passcode now. Ipod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.