Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YSLoader and distnoted using full cpu memory resources

After syncing my iPad in a Win 8.1/iTunes 11.1.4 desktop, YSloader.exe and distnoted.exe processes remain running and using up to 90-100% of computer CPU/memory.

The only way to solve it is to manually kill the processes or, in distnoted case, rename the file in order to not load it.

This problem appeared recently, after working fine for ages.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 8:20 AM

13 replies

Jun 10, 2014 1:48 AM in response to fasfio

Ive been wondering for over a year now how to fix this issue. After numerous hours of research i stumbled across an apple discussion forum about AppleMobileDeviceService and APSdaemon using an extreme amount of cpu resources and not stopping unless manually killing it. Well the solution they used was to:

1. Open command prompt (run as administrator)

2. Type netsh winsock reset and hit enter

3. It will tell you to reboot your computer, do it.

So i followed those instructions with kind of a what the **** it cant hurt attitude, and after doing that the problem of ysloader and disnoted32 hogging cpu space and having to manually close them everytime no longer exists, well for the last 48 hours anyways. If the problem pops back up I will edit this post letting you know that this was only a temporary fix, but for the time being it is working great.

Jun 10, 2014 5:08 AM in response to fasfio

Im running windows 8.1 64bit as well and that up there fixed my problem. Ill tell you exactly what I did but keep in mind while i tell you the steps I was desperate and reading 100 things at once and this is what i narrowed it down to.

1. Uninstall bonjour (you can just use apple update to reinstall it after)

2. Right click your itunes icon properties> compatibility> run itunes as administrator.

3. Followed steps from previous post.

4. Used apple update to update to current version and reinstall bonjour. (Keep in mind when i say current version I was only one version behind the current update)

And that worked for me. No more ysloader or disnoted32 running the cpu up. I also stopped running itunes as administrator after and it is still working. Maybe try deleting bonjour and reinstalling, who knows, but those are the steps i put into action tonight and thats how i solved the issue. Sorry if that doesnt help.

YSLoader and distnoted using full cpu memory resources

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.