Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my email for my Apple ID. Now I cannot access my iCloud account.

I have had to change my apple account id email. I now find that I keep gettting the message that the username or password is incorrect when trying to access icloud account How can I sync my new apple id email and my icloud account information. The Apple id email on my icloud account information is the old email and is greyed out.?

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 7:54 AM

Hello there, HK55.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great follow-up information for once you've changed your Apple ID:

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5796

For iCloud on an iOS device it recommends the following:

iOS 6 and later: Go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you signed out before changing your Apple ID, enter your current Apple ID to sign in. The data from your iCloud account will download to your device.
  • If you're still signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Scroll down and tap Delete Account. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete data from your device. To confirm, tap Delete. (If you're using iOS 7 and have Find My iPhone turned on, you'll be asked to enter the password for your previous Apple ID. Enter the password, then tap Turn Off.) The data will be deleted from your device, but not from iCloud.
    2. Enter your current Apple ID to sign in. The data from your iCloud account will download again to your device.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2014 7:54 AM in response to HK55

Hello there, HK55.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great follow-up information for once you've changed your Apple ID:

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5796

For iCloud on an iOS device it recommends the following:

iOS 6 and later: Go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you signed out before changing your Apple ID, enter your current Apple ID to sign in. The data from your iCloud account will download to your device.
  • If you're still signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Scroll down and tap Delete Account. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete data from your device. To confirm, tap Delete. (If you're using iOS 7 and have Find My iPhone turned on, you'll be asked to enter the password for your previous Apple ID. Enter the password, then tap Turn Off.) The data will be deleted from your device, but not from iCloud.
    2. Enter your current Apple ID to sign in. The data from your iCloud account will download again to your device.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

I changed my email for my Apple ID. Now I cannot access my iCloud account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.