Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super Drive/Mac Mini

I have a MAC Mini & a Super Drive. I placed a CD (Jason Aldean) in the drive and it will not eject. I have tried every eject button, restart, & power off with negative results.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 1:54 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2014 5:11 PM in response to dynoron

If the computer has a built-in combo or superdrive, then you may have to consider a replacement.

So once you've identified the exact model series build year of the device, you could check into the guides online to see if you want to try a DIY procedure to attempt to remove & install a new optical drive. Or use one of the guides to get into the optical drive and attempt to remove the disc from the drive directly.

•iFixit Mac Mini Repair Guides:

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Mac_Mini

If the optical drive is a separate component, and sits next to the computer, such as the Apple USB superdrive design, be sure the unit is top side UP, since there are occasional direction issues among some users; if that does not help, you could tip the entire drive toward the slot opening and then see if you can get it to eject, with some help from gravity. There are other methods I've seen online where persons tried to manually get an optical disc, CD or DVD media, to come out. Some were rather brutal and may damage the disc.

When there is a newer computer involved which may have an AppleCare Plan in place, a trip to an Apple Store (where a genius bar exists) can be helpful. Call ahead to ask about an appointment and take the mini.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Super Drive/Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.