Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic won't play on Sony dock

I have a 160GB iPod classic that I purchased about 1.5 years ago. I have been using it on the SONY ICF-CS15iP docking station ever since. A few weeks ago I played the iPod on a different Logitech speaker system and now my iPod will no longer play music through my SONY dock. When I put it on the Sony dock it will charge, but will not play through the speakers nor respond to the ipod controls located on the dock. The sony dock will still play music from my iPhone 4S but not the ipod classic. Help please! Thank you!

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 10:04 PM

I found away to make the sound work. I too have had the same problem with my iphone 4s and my Sony docking station. It will charge but no music since I updated to ios 7.1.1. Dont mess with a factory reset. Just go to your music and select the song you want to start listening to. Hit play and start the song before docking and leave it on while docking it. Once it is docked stop the song from the phone screen, back it up to the begining of the song, and then hit play on the docking station. Your music should start playing on the dock at good volume and you should be able to use the dock buttons at that point. Good luck.....

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2014 10:04 PM in response to dolores420

I found away to make the sound work. I too have had the same problem with my iphone 4s and my Sony docking station. It will charge but no music since I updated to ios 7.1.1. Dont mess with a factory reset. Just go to your music and select the song you want to start listening to. Hit play and start the song before docking and leave it on while docking it. Once it is docked stop the song from the phone screen, back it up to the begining of the song, and then hit play on the docking station. Your music should start playing on the dock at good volume and you should be able to use the dock buttons at that point. Good luck.....

Feb 8, 2014 9:37 AM in response to dolores420

Hi dolores420,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your iPod is no longer playing music through your dock, I recommend resetting the iPod first:

How to reset iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

If the iPod still does not play through the dock, restore the device next:

Restoring iPod to factory settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339

All the best,

Jeremy

iPod classic won't play on Sony dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.