Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add additional visualizers to (Mac) iTunes 11.1.3 or 11.1.4

So I found some really cool visualizers other than the 2 already included with iTunes I would like to add. However, I can't find out how to install the new visualizers into iTunes so that I can use them. Does anyone know how to add new visualizers to iTunes 11.1.3+ ?

I'm currently using iTunes 11.1.3 (will update to 11.1.4 soon). In iTunes 10 this was easy... now I'm not sure. Please help/advise

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 2:37 PM

They go in [user]/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins.

Note: a lot of the really cool visualizers (like FountainMusic - my favorite) no longer work with iTunes because its a 64 bit app and running it in 32 bit mode causes problems with other stuff, if... you can even get it to run in 32 bit, which it won't on my Mavericks machine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2014 2:37 PM in response to WiLdCHiiLD714

They go in [user]/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins.

Note: a lot of the really cool visualizers (like FountainMusic - my favorite) no longer work with iTunes because its a 64 bit app and running it in 32 bit mode causes problems with other stuff, if... you can even get it to run in 32 bit, which it won't on my Mavericks machine.

Add additional visualizers to (Mac) iTunes 11.1.3 or 11.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.