Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just bought an iMac itel, with wireless keyboard. There's no delete button. The backspace button I udner, just bought an iMac itel, with wireless keyboard. There's no delete button. The backspace button I udner

No delete button on the keyboard- I'm unable to delete data from an excel sheet- any tips on how this bluetooth keyboard works with excel?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 3:49 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2014 3:53 PM in response to brigidfromgbr

Backspace is the delete key. If you want the full keyboard with numerical keypad, arrow keys, pages, page down and delete keys you'll need to upgrade to either a third party keyboard or Apples wired keyboard http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB110LL/B/apple-keyboard-with-numeric-keypad-e nglish-usa?fnode=56

I use the wired USB keyboard and I think it's great, I don't need my keyboard to be wireless.

Feb 6, 2014 4:01 PM in response to brigidfromgbr

And the fn (function) key does not delete when used with main delete/backspace key?

There used to be a forward and backward delete key, now on the wireless

and the compact keyboards, there is only one. Unless you can find a hidden

one by using the Keyboard Viewer to expose other key functions as you press.

The keyboard viewer should still be available through the Keyboard system pref

panel; and you can also customize keys to do tasks, type symbols, etc. I prefer

a full-size USB keyboard, too. Even use wired mouse with portable macs.

Hopefully this helps.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

just bought an iMac itel, with wireless keyboard. There's no delete button. The backspace button I udner, just bought an iMac itel, with wireless keyboard. There's no delete button. The backspace button I udner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.