Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in smart albums missing from "photos"

Help! I have lots of photos I can find if I go to my smart albums (I have them sorted by year), but when I go to "photos" in my library, so I can duplicate a photo (I can't seem to be able to duplicate them in the smart album), the photos are no where to be found! Help! Where did they go? Looking in "events" is impossible, because there are far too many events, and I have no idea which event to look in.

A search from the bottom search tool using the file's name produced no results, either. I'm using iPhoto '09 with OSX10.9.1

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 3:51 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2014 8:47 AM in response to LarryHN

My main problem is that there are dozens of photos in smart albums that seem to be missing in "photos" - I can't find them by date or keyword search. I understand they are all supposed to be there, but mine seem to be hidden, or misplaced, somehow.

I also realize I don't have to duplicate photos, but I wanted to see both the original and the cropped version at the same time.

Feb 7, 2014 9:54 AM in response to Melinda Lyons

I guess that iPhoto '09 did not have show event - thought it did - poke around and see if the command is somewhere - try "Help"

as to seeing the original I know that was in '09 -

And you can see the current and original sequentially in edit mode - enter edit mode and you see the current - depress the shift key and you see the original

LN

Photos in smart albums missing from "photos"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.