Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes crash when I want to watch a movie?

I have a Mac mini (2.4GHz model) running 10.9.1 with 2 gig of RAM connected via HDMI to my tv. Since the update to the latest OS and ITunes software, whenever I open iTunes and attempt to watch a movie the program crashes. If I manage to get it to run it flickers constantly and makes the movie unwatchable.

Also, starting 2-3 days ago when I was watching a movie on another player the sound started coming from my mini instead of the tv. I looked at System Preferences>Sound and the HDMI out was an option, though the internal speakers were active. I selected the HDMI output but nothing changed.

The entire point of the Mac Mini was a multi-media station. But since it was about a year old, the disk drive won't read disks, and now the iTunes doesn't work and I can't get it to output via HDMI. So, in short, FAIL.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 4:13 PM

There are no replies.

Why does iTunes crash when I want to watch a movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.