Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the latest Timbuktu Pro for 10.6.8?

I keep a 10.6.8 Mac Mini so I can run old software requiring Rosetta, and I want to access it with Timbuktu Pro instead of the Screen Sharing app.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 5:09 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 8:13 AM in response to daveyostcom

Perhaps I should be flogged for posting to the wrong thread... but I am a bit of a 'freak' in that I intend to keep an old PowerMac G4 running with OS 9.2.2. My question is: Where in the world can I get a download of the full Timbuktu 8.6 disk image. Have been searching around online all morning. Also tried 'old Mac' web sites with no luck. I am going to need to install Timbuktu version 6.0.3 on the old G4 PowerMac so I can set up an Ethernet network between it and my new Desktop iMac running Mountain Lion. I realize that I will need a newer version of Timbuktu for the iMac. Anybody know where I can find version 6.0.3? Also tried eBay and Amazon. I would post my system and hardware information, but it doesn't seem relevant, as I know what I need, but just have no idea where to find it. I want to control the G4 from the iMac, not just shuffle files back and forth.

Thanks for your help! I am lost.

Mac user since 1985

What's the latest Timbuktu Pro for 10.6.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.