Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app to visually map your network?

I've been having some issues with my network, which consists of both ethernet and wireless. It occurred to me that it'd be useful to use an app that could visually map out my network. Ideally I'd be able to switch on all devices and use the app to draw everything connected to the network, including name, manufacturer, DNS, IP addresses, whether connected via wireless or ethernet and even whether they're connected direct to the router or mediated by a switch (don't know if the last bit is possible). I currently have WiFi Explorer (mac) and Snap! (iPhone) but each has limitations (e.g. whether the connection is wired or wifi, info displayed as lists, rather than a visual map, not able to print a single, visual map...).

Also would be great if it had the option of seeing the map with and without sensitive data (a bit like the intention of EtreCheck, which allows you to post systems config information with sensitive stuff stripped out).

Does anyone know if such software for mac exists?

Thanks,

Gregg

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 6, 2014 5:33 PM

3 replies

app to visually map your network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.