Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i make my ipod skip songs while shuffling?

Ok here's the problem I'm having. I want to shuffle an artist right? but i want to skip certan songs. so i went and picked the songs i want to skip while shuffling and selected the "skip when shuffling" check box. when i shuffle all songs it works perfectly fine but if i only want to play that artist and skip those songs it still plays them. forexample i have the delux Five finger death punch album with all the live songs but I dont want it to play the live songs when im suffling that album. how do i get it to skip those songs while suffling that album?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 4:41 AM

In theory, the iPod should skip those songs, even when playing an artist, or one album - in shuffle mode. It works that way on other iPod models, but from what you say, not on your Touch. (I cannot test it on my 2nd gen Touch at the moment, but even if I did, you have a much later version with different software on it.)

I suggest that you create a Playlist of the songs that you do want to play (that is, the studio version songs) and use that instead. It's probably the best solution for you.

Alternatively, if you never want to play the live songs, remove them from the iPod.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2014 4:41 AM in response to Monkeykingduke

In theory, the iPod should skip those songs, even when playing an artist, or one album - in shuffle mode. It works that way on other iPod models, but from what you say, not on your Touch. (I cannot test it on my 2nd gen Touch at the moment, but even if I did, you have a much later version with different software on it.)

I suggest that you create a Playlist of the songs that you do want to play (that is, the studio version songs) and use that instead. It's probably the best solution for you.

Alternatively, if you never want to play the live songs, remove them from the iPod.

Feb 7, 2014 2:41 PM in response to Monkeykingduke

You can try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Feb 7, 2014 3:22 PM in response to Monkeykingduke

Monkeykingduke wrote:

oh but it skips them just fine on my pc but noy on my ipod 😕

Yes, I know, and as I said, in theory it should skip them on your iPod too.

Try lllaass's suggestion, because a reset can cure all sorts of ills when an iPod gets confused. If that doesn't work, try mine. My suggestion will be effective, since the Playlist will contain only the songs you want to hear. That's what you need to focus on, playing only your choice of songs.

how do i make my ipod skip songs while shuffling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.